It's been a few months since I last posted (yikes!) and a lot has happened.
Baby boy Johnston turned 2 last week and oh my I can't believe how time flies. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. that day and ended up being sick with gastro (which I got from my dear child who was sick Boxing Day, poor boy) so Ryan spent the day entertaining Cole. When we heard Cole we both went into his room, sang him happy birthday and snapped some pictures of him, then I dove back under the sheets to keep my stinkin' germs to myself and get some well needed rest. The boys headed to the fire hall after breakfast - Cole's favorite place in the world - where they looked at the trucks and then they went and did some shopping. After lunch I got out of bed and we gave our handsome little 2 year old his gifts. His new found love for presents is pretty entertaining. If he even sees a wrapped item or a gift bag he asks if he can 'open presents' and then rips right into it. If the gift is clothes he chucks it right away, if it's a toy/movie/book he has a look then asks you to open it, then moves on to the next one. Pretty cute. After opening up his gifts Ryan and I set up his new big boy bed, it's a fire truck and I think that put him on cloud 9. Next on the agenda - supper - his favorite - PIZZA and to top it all off a DQ cake with a fire engine on it. I bet this was THE best day ever for Cole. He was smiling all day and that made our day.
Christmas was great, besides Cole being sick on Boxing Day and the terrible weather which stopped us from driving to Ryan's sister's for Christmas with the Johnstons. We spent Christmas Eve at my parents' and went to church with my Mom, Rob, Christy & the girls. We ended up being split up due to the church being full and us being tardy as always. Cole was so restless, he was flopping over my arms, wriggling and trying to get out of the seat any way he could. Eventually he crawled under the pews and through my legs into the aisle where he flirted with everyone and wandered around. Needless to say it was entertaining for everyone else...
Christmas Day we opened presents, ate loads of delicious food and visited with the family. It was great!
New Years was spent catering with Dad and Melissa, very quick and easy. Then home to a delcious feast of crab bisque, bacon wrapped scallops, potatoes, asparagus, a very yummy salad and some drinks. It was a quite night, nothing too crazy (we were too stuffed to move!) but none-the-less, a great start to 2010.
January 2nd we finally were able to have the Johnston family Christmas. Everyone came to our house and we had lots of good eats, laughs and a fantastic visit with Ryan's sister, brother-in-law and their 2 boys. They ended up staying the night too!
We are so blessed to have such great families and to have so much love!
On to 2010...
6 months from today is our wedding so I am in full planning mode once again. Last time I posted I had just weighed in and was down again. Well as of last Tuesday I am down 23.5lbs in total since the last week in August and I have roughly 5-10lbs to go. I tried on my dress when I was up at my parents' place over the holidays and (drum roll)...it fits!!!!! Wooohooo! I definitely have some work to do on my arms but nothing a little Jillian won't fix.
There is the excitement for the past couple of months. I am super excited about what 2010 has to bring and hopefully I will post more often.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:
Sounds like all is going well Ashley, keep up the planning and blogging. We love to hear of your progress. Can't wait for pictures of your big day.
Post a Comment