Last Thursday I went to get weighed and I was absolutely dreading it, I even contemplated not going. The week before I thought I had been doing great with tracking, eating and working out but for some reason the unfair weight Gods presented me with a 2lb gain. It absolutely crushed me as I was sure that I was doing everything right. Needless to say, I binged the whole weekend. From Chinese food to dips, cheese and wine I had it all...including loads of chocolate (it was Valentine's Day after all). Starting Tuesday (Family Day long weekend - score!!!), I really watched what I was eating and made sure that I was keeping up with my water. So Thursday came along and I figured I may as well just go and get it over with. I stepped on the scale expecting another gain, to my dismay, I had lost 2.5lbs! Not only did I lose the 2lbs from the week before, I also lost another half a pound. Now half a pound may not seem like much and really doesn't mean much to anyone, but to me it meant a lot. That half a pound meant a new pair of pants (possibly 2), a new 'charm' for my keychain from WW and the best part - it meant that I had lost 25lbs in total to date - ALL BY MYSELF!!! Of course I couldn't have done it without the love and support from Ryan, Cole (ya right...here Mommy, literally shoving food in my mouth - thank goodness he likes to share), and all of my friends, family and the WW blogs, staff...I could go on and on as if I had won an Oscar here.
With that being said, I have 4 more pounds to lose until I meet my next goal. I think that this will be my final goal, but it all depends on how my dress fits this weekend when I try it on. If need be, I may go for another 5 pounds. I am truly loving the feeling of losing weight, now if toning would work just as well.
As for wedding stuff, I just (only 2 minutes ago) received the paper for the invitations and Erin has been working like a mad woman on getting everything in order to send for printing. I will be relieved the get the invitations finished as that is the last big thing to do. I am going to do our gift registry with Erin on Thursday night, what a fantastic maid of honor! Ryan was going to do it with me but he offered to let me take Erin instead as he figures he will just say, 'You chose whatever (insert item here) you like better' or 'It's up to you Ash'. That is EXACTLY how it would go, so I will take Erin, my bestfriend/maidofhonor/interiordecorator/invitationlady/weddingconsultant with me to help pick out some goodies. That should definitely make for a fun evening and another task checked off my list.
Our dear sweet child has been giving us a run for our money lately. The other night it took me over two hours to get him to go to sleep. We have come to a bedtime agreement (arrangement made on his part), either Rye or myself have to read a book to him in bed and then the other has to cuddle him to sleep. At first I thought that it would be a terrible habit to start, but then I thought 'Really, he's not going to want to cuddle forever' so for now I am taking full advantage of any cuddles I can get.
February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
congrats on 25 lbs!!! thats great!
Post a Comment