January 27, 2011

Hi again!

I'm back and have so many things to say and show you! First off, thank you soooooo much to all of you for your kind words, thoughts and encouragement over the last month.  I have received so many comments, e-mails and Facebook messages from so many of you and it really has been some light during the darker days.

We are dealing with the loss of Lauryn as well as we can.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about her and how far along I would be.  I still look into the spare room and dream of her nursery that we would have been in the midst of setting up to prepare for her arrival that would have been in a short 14 weeks.  While it's been a tough journey, we do have one special little boy who is here with us and who fills our lives with so much love and joy and helps to ease the pain.

Cole turned 3 on December 28th and what a day we had!  We spent the day at the museum looking at all of the animals (which he absolutely loved!) and then we went to the fishy store where Cole picked out a plecko for his new fish tank.  Here are a couple of pictures of Cole enjoying his special day...
 He had just woke up


At the museum

At his family birthday party

2011 has been a busy one so far, Cole is potty trained (with the exception of bed time) which we are all loving, Cole and I both have pink eye (thankfully it's nothing major, just some drops and no contacts for me...boo...) and we have been up visiting at my parents for the past two weekends.  The day that we received the terrible news about Lauryn, we also found out that my Dad has cancer where his esophagus and stomach meet and he has since undergone numerous tests and a round of chemotherapy.  Thankfully the pet scan has provided us all the reassurance that the cancer has not spread and the plan of attack is 3 rounds of chemo, surgery to remove the cancer and then 3 more rounds of chemo to ensure that it is gone.  Throughout all of this my Dad is doing so well and staying as strong as ever.  He is so blessed to be feeling well so far, hopefully it continues.  There is no doubt in my mind that he will do well and beat cancer, he is by far the most stubborn person I know and he has such a great support system rooting him on every step of the way.  Again, it's amazing what love will do...

So far 2011 is shaping up to be a terrific year and I look forward to sharing it with all of you.  I'll be around a little more often now that things are getting back on track, don't be shy to stop by and say hi!  I'll leave you with this...

Love this boy more than life itself.

9 comments:

M.O.T.B said...

Oh my now he is just precious!!!! I love that little face and his hair is just awesome!!! I can not imagine your sense of loss bur know you have not been far from my thoughts. Your ability to be grateful in a post where you describe your loss is admirable. So glad to see your post.

Lena B, Actually said...

Cole is a very beautiful boy! He definitely has a twinkle in his eye!
Glad to hear you & your family are staying strong!

Stacy said...

Ash - you have to be the strongest person I know right now...it's sooo good to hear that things are getting back to normal (as normal can get right?? haha) - Cole sure is a heart breaker...I don't know his attitude but by the last picture, he just seems like he's a little charmer that can never get in trouble cuz when he does, he would just do puppy eyes with those gorgeous eyes and everything is all better! Haha - good to hear that he is potty trained too!

Amanda said...

OMG... cole can date Piper anytime... he is way too cute! lol

All the best to you and your family for 2011!

Leslie S said...

Ash - I had no idea about your dad! Thinking about you all! xo

Lindsay said...

How cute is he...

GirlSunday said...

Cole is ADORABLE!!! what a beautiful family.

sorry to hear about your father, but it sounds as though things are as good as can be with him. keep us posted and I'll be sending good thoughts your way.

I'm so glad you're back

xoxo

Dancy said...

You're very strong & a wonderful Mom & role model to keep going strong the way you are with all these hits that keep on coming. Sending good vibes to your parents. :)

Happy Birthday to Cole too!! Looks like you guys had an awesome time together. What'd he name his fish? LOL

meeganjae said...

Love you and love that boy in that picture more than life itself as well!! xox