January 28, 2011

Friday Fun

I loveeeeeee random days off, especially Fridays!  I took today off to spend it with my boys and get some things done around the house.  The boys ran out for a bit this morning and I have to say, it is so nice to sit here with my tea, catch up on blogs and sit in the quietness of the house.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Ryan and Cole and wouldn't trade them for the world, but I like quiet too.  It's a nice change from the fast paced everyday craziness and I'll take it anytime.

I'm back in the saddle, the health saddle that is.  I have started back to Weight Watchers and exercising daily and I must say that it feels good.  The scales haven't moved down at all unfortunately but after eating well, drinking lots of water and working out I can feel the difference it makes at the end of the day.  I love the energy it gives me.  I have started kettlebells 1-2 nights a week and am loving the work out.  I can feel it in my core and the sense of accomplishment after I have finished a class is great.  Thankfully I have a friend who is going as well so it helps to get me out of the house on those evenings when it would be just as easy to sit on the couch.  The nights that I haven't been to class I have been doing a 3 mile walk/jog, trying to get into running.  'Become a runner' is one of the things on my 101 in 1001 list (which I still haven't posted, will get to that soon to help keep myself accountable) and I am trying to follow the schedule from a running clinic that one of my friends attended.  It starts with jogging 1 minute, walking 2 minutes for the first week and thankfully it's been pretty good so far.  Of course if you have any suggestions on how to help me concur running I would love to hear them.

I'm off to get my work out on...HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh I know what you mean about peace and quiet. From the moment I walk in the door, Colin is non-stop jibber jabber.

Good luck with the running/exercise, it sounds like you're off to a good start! I used the Couch to 5K program and I was amazed that I could actually complete it. It sounds very similar to your approach.

Stacy said...

I wish i was ambitious enough to work out - not to lose weight, god i need to gain weight but just to be fit...the other day our elevators were out and walking up only to the 4th floor nearly killed me...maybe this summer I can work on that!!

Just Brandi said...

Girl, you know I swear by Couch to 5k!
Great program!

Sandra said...

I have a kettlebell. I use it as a doorstop.
Good for you for having such terrific goals! It makes me think maybe I should...ok, maybe not.
But good for you for having such terrific goals!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Good luck with Weight Watchers.

I wish I could run. I start and then I'm out of breath and feel like I'm going to keel over and die.

Amber said...

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your day off with your boys!

Even better that you're back in the health saddle as you said! I've posted a weekly feature "Eat It. Work It. Blog It." - you should come by and link up and journal your weight loss progress during the month of February! :)