February 1, 2011

Eat It. Work It. Blog It.

Amber over at The Survival Guide For the Young, Fabulous & Newlywed has started a new Tuesday link up called Eat It. Work It. Blog It. and since I am back into health mode and trying to make a firm lifestyle change I thought it would be beneficial to participate, as well as give her and others some support on their journey.

Amber started Eat It. Work It. Blog It. because 'I know that many bloggers are on a journey of their own to accomplish weight loss or fitness goals.  Some may want to lose 20 pounds or more.  Others may simply want to clean up their eating habits and incorporate exercise into their daily lifestyle.  Whatever the goal, I think it would be SO much easier to accomplish that goal with the help and support of other bloggers.  To share your "Do's & Dont's".  To share your favorite recipes or favorite healthy snack ideas.  To share your triumphs and failures.  To hold one another accountable and celebrate each other's success.'
Today is the first edition so head on over and join the fun.

Eat It:
Breakfast and Lunch tend to be pretty similar day to day.
Breakfast is either 2 egg whites with 1 slice of Weight Watcher's toast and fruit or 2 egg whites with a yogurt with 1 tbsp granola and fruit.
Lunch is most often a large salad with a chicken breast, hot peppers and low-fat salad dressing or 1/3 cup hummus with cut up veggies.
Snacks tend to be fruit or yogurt or a Weight Watcher's bar when something really yummy is needed.
Dinner is always something healthy, we don't eat a whole lot of processed or packaged foods and I've begun measuring my portions out to ensure that I don't over eat.
All of that doesn't sound too bad at all, but when it comes to the 9 p.m. post work-out snack, all I want is chocolate, popcorn or chips.  Any suggestions to curb this?

Work It:
I started Kettlebells 3 weeks ago and am absolutely loving it and will be continuing to attend classes 2 nights a week.  The 3 other nights a week I have started my 'running' and am really loving the cardio and how simple it has been to get into it.  I'm hoping to add in the 30 Day Shred again here and there just to mix things up.  Yesterday and today were kettlebells and the next two evenings are running so hopefully the progress on learning to run will continue.

Blog It:
I would like to see a loss of 5 pounds in the month of February, but even more, I would love to see a difference in my clothing.  My biggest focus is my love handles (hate them!) and if they would shrink slightly I would be so happy.  I will also continue to link up with Amber and support others who are working towards their own goals.

Here's hoping that I can continue to stick with my workouts and healthy eating, I'm hoping that some of you will remind me when/if I skip any updates.

Are you working towards any goals/changes?

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Way to go girl :)

M.O.T.B said...

I feel like I am constantly a work in progress. I have started running and got a gym membership in the town I work in so I can go right after work...if I come home I don't leave. I am trying to count calories but alot of my problem is wanting something fast and easy. Good luck to you!!!!!

Stacy said...

Way too go Ash! For a snack - what about something like pretzels...i know they are salty but they are somewhat good aren't they? or what about plain popcorn?? not very good with the dieting tips - sorry!

Jill said...

Good stuff Ashley! Wish I could come up with the willpower to get going on starting a healthy lifestyle change. I NEED to do it!! Perhaps reading about yours will inspire me! ;)

PS - for your post work-out junk cravings - have you ever tried the Smart Pop popcorn? A snack bag is only 100 calories. I've been bringing a bag to work every day for my mid-afternoon snack fix.

Amber said...

Love it! Sounds like you've got a pretty good plan going!

I *love* kettlebells! We use them often at CrossFit and they are KILLER tool! You're going to see a difference in your body soon enough!!

Thanks for linking up!