February 25, 2011

Amazing!!

Amazing it is that we are spending a quiet weekend at home.  We really haven't been home a whole lot lately on weekends and as much as I absolutely love visiting with family and friends, it is soooo nice to sit on our couch knowing that we don't have to get up and work the next day and that we can lounge in pjs all day long.  Although, truth be told...I kind of do that at my parents' anyways!

Tomorrow we are doing some running around town and hopefully I'll get a chance to begin my Spring cleaning.  I figure I am going to start with my kitchen and hopefully get it sparkling in no time.  We are also making a list of things we'd like to get done around the house from renovations to clean/sort/toss/sell.  I am so excited to finally make our house our home.  We've been here for 3.5 years and have yet to paint (aside from Cole's room) or do any renovations inside the house.  We have talked about doing this before and we seem to talk about it and then leave it, but not this time!  I am going to harass Rye until we get going and I know once we are started it will become a huge priority to both of us.

Tomorrow evening Ryan's parents will come over to watch Cole and we are heading out to supper at Al's Steakhouse (one of my favorite restaurants) and I am soooooo excited!  We have a gift card and thought it was a great way to get out for a 'date night, plus Cole is absolutely thrilled to have Nana and Papa over for a movie and popcorn.

I am super excited that I can pick up my ring on the way to dinner tomorrow night.  I took it in on Monday to have it cleaned and plated and I have been lost without it.  Can't wait to have it back where it belongs and shining away at that!

Sunday Ryan has training with the fire department and Cole is supposed to have a play date with his best buddy from school.  This has me so excited and nervous for him as this will be his first time going to a friend's house and not having Mommy with him!  And it might just be THE cutest thing ever...my baby is growing up.  I guess I'll go do groceries on my own, go for a run and maybe get a bit of extra cleaning in.  Sounds sooooooooooo exciting I know, it's the little things that get me these days.

Have a fabulous weekend!!!

Super sad face...I would have been 30 weeks today...xo baby girl.

5 comments:

Molly said...

Hope your date night was fun! I feel so naked when I take my ring to get cleaned. Such a weird feeling without it!

Jessica said...

I hope you've had a great weekend so far!! :D

meeganjae said...

Have a wonderful date night, it will energize you both, and Cole gets a Nana-Papa date night.

I love you xoxo
Enjoy your at home weekend.
m


love you LJ~

Jennifer said...

Hope your weekend has been fun!
Next time you come up to your parents stop by. I have some stuff for Cole that Cohen has outgrown!!

Jennifer said...

Just saw the itty bitty font, supersad face gets you a super big hug from me!

x0x0x