May 17, 2010

Chubby Bunny Bridezilla

I am such a terrible, random blogger...there is no consistency, I look at my blog every day and tell myself that I will post something new today and...I don't.  It's not that I don't have the time to write something quick and witty, because I find the time to read all of your fabulous ramblings and God knows that I am witty (note the sarcasm).

There are just under three weeks left until the big day.  I know, I know, you will be glad when this wedding is over so you can stop hearing about it, truth is - me too!  I think about it day and night, especially at night.  My dreams are all focused on wedding junk and are really twisted, causing me to wake up panicked about something new everyday.  The biggest panic being that I am not nearly stressed enough for a bride-to-be with such little time left, so I decide to stress myself out.  I haven't pulled out the bridezilla card just yet, which in reality may be odd for me and I'm sure some of my close friends and family agree.  I never really planned on getting married.  I wasn't a girl who dreamed about her wedding or knew what color her girls would wear, or heck, who I would choose to stand for me.  Some girls are so organized and dream of this day from the time they were children, not that there is anything wrong with that, in fact...that might have helped me out a little.  When Ryan asked me to marry him, I (obviously) said yes.  That was big...then we moved on to choosing who we would like to stand for us.  I have 2 sisters that are so fantastic and are so important to me (M&M), a sister-in-law to whom I am very close with (C), Ryan's sister (amazingly, sweet-as-pie chicka S) and my best friend E (THE best and most entertaining, off-the-wall girl I know), so that was easy.  Next on to a dress...I went shopping with E one day because she made me just for fun to find a dress I might like.  I expected this to be the best part of it all...nope, not really.  No one tells you that almost all of the dresses come in sizes 6, 8 or maybe if you are lucky 10 and when you are in a size 14 it's really not so much fun.  So the hunt continued...we found a dress at some random little spot one day and I bought it off the rack (it was discontinued) in a size 8 and joined Weight Watchers soon there after.  Thankfully (and 30 pounds later) my dress fits perfectly and I absolutely love it and can not wait to wear it on the big most expensive and tiring day.  On to the girls dresses, now that was fun!  The girls (minus C who was sick with the flu) went to Sinders (a popular bridal house in the area) and took up a room with their ten dresses each and got to trying them on.   The poor consultant...I was standing back watching dresses randomly fly from one room to the next over the top of the stalls, one girl would run out with a dress, everyone else's heads would poke out and the opinions would fly.  So after about 30 minutes (yes that is all), the girls picked a dress and then I asked them to decide on a color...yup, you read that right...I let my bridesmaids pick my color scheme.  I then met with the decorator and she does amazing work.  I have worked with her on numerous occasions as my Father owns a catering company and she goes above and beyond and I never really realized it until I booked her for my own wedding.  She is a decorator, a wedding planner, my right hand woman and my decision maker...as you might be able to tell, I am SUPER indecisive.  She asked what our theme was, what ideas we had or any styles that might interest us.  I told her to do what she does best and decorate the hall and basically that I would see it on the day of the wedding.  I don't decorate, I don't have an artistic bone in my body and VERY little fashion sense (sad but true) so really, when our cake maker (D - she is the SWEETEST thing!) asked what I wanted I was prepared, I gave her a picture and then said...if you think you can do it, great...if not do whatever.  Seriously, what is wrong with me?!?  The one thing I keep saying over and over again to people is that 'It doesn't matter, it will look great no matter what and heck, if something goes wrong, who will know?'  OBVIOUSLY not me!  My point being...three weeks to go and meh...no big deal (right?).

I had my bachelorette on Saturday night and what a blast.  My girlfriends are fantastic.  We partied it up at a hotel and then headed out to a bar for the night.  It was just such a great night out, until we got out of the bar.  Some of the girls had left a little earlier to go back to the hotel and apparently we had been kicked out of the hotel (at 2 a.m.!!!), needless to say, 15 girls squealing in the lobby of a hotel can be cause enough for the cops to show up (who were both mighty fine and thought the situation was ridiculous).  Apparently you are not allowed to smoke on the balcony of your room?!?!  WTH?  And apparently the 20 of us who started the night out were a little loud...not shocking at all.  Oh well, all in all it was a great night and a big thank you to everyone who came and for all of the hard work they put into it.  Pictures to come shortly.

R should be home any moment from his weekend-long bachelor party.  Some of the boys from the fire department (and his best man/brother-in-law L) took him to Dover Delaware for the Nascar race this weekend and by the sounds of it, they had a blast.  They are all raspy voiced, so much so that I didn't know who I was talking to when R called yesterday to say goodnight to us and I am pretty sure that C didn't know it was his Daddy.  I am excited to hear all about it and see what kind of Jimmie gear he bought for me (love #48).

I am feeling super chubby lately and this is a slight worry as of course I want to look my best on 'the big day' and to be quite honest (with myself) I quit working out a while ago and just haven't been able to get back into it.  I just don't have the drive and you think our wedding would be drive enough.  What motivates you to get you butt back in gear?

1 comment:

Just Brandi said...

dang girl! You rock! Buying a size 8 wedding dress!
I wanted to do the same thing, but instead of a 14, I bought the 12 (my mom made me bc she thought I'd never lose that much weight by then... she was right).
And even the 12 I had to have let out bc it was too small!
Ugh.
But I'm sure you will ROCK that 8!!!
And so what if you lost your workout drive....
Just keep your eating in check and you'll be fine!
Maybe lower your calories a couple hundred a day and only do arm weights until the wedding.
Can't wait to see pics!!
You'll be a beautiful bride!