Last weekend (now two weekends ago) was a long weekend for us and we spent it up at camp cottage with all of my immediate family. The weather was great, the food delicious, the company fantastic and the drinks heavenly. It was so nice to be away from the busyness of reality and to spend some time with my parents, siblings and nieces and nephews. We haven't done anything like that since I was a child so it was overdue for sure. C had such a blast in the boat and on the beach. He fished for the first time and caught the second biggest fish of the weekend (Hubby caught the biggest at 13.5lbs). The whole way home C cried for his fishing rod and kept asking if he could go fishing again please. So adorable (and so overtired).
This week (now last week) was a short one which was nice, but it was also quite busy. R's birthday is on the 18th and I got tickets for us to see Alan Jackson at an outdoor concert last night. We went with some friends and we had so much fun. I love outdoor concerts, they are always a blast and this one was no exception. We had several drinks and lots of laughs. The crowd was huge and it cooled down just enough outside to make it enjoyable. I apparently need to invest in some plaid and a pair of cowboy boots as I was one of the few people wearing neither.
As mentioned a couple of weeks ago, I need your help. My friend's sister was diagnosed a year ago with breast cancer and has since undergone surgery and treatment and is on the road to recovery. She has been through hell in a hand basket over the past year and has still managed to keep on top of things, including her 3 children all under the age of 10. Her first surgery was a lumpectomy in July 2009 and then she had a mastectomy in August 2009. She started chemo in September 2009 until December 23, 2009. Radiation was next and was 25 treatments or 5days for 5 weeks, ending March 8, 2010. K started back to work 1 week before the 1 year anniversary of being diagnosed and she will be back to a full work week in September. How tough is this lady?! She is so lucky to have her sister who has helped and continues to with her children. The two girls shaved their heads together (along with other family members and some friends) and they totally rocked the look. I'll have to ask for a picture because they both looked incredible.
In an effort to give back to those who have helped her, K and K are making a cookbook to sell and all proceeds will be donated. I know that they have put a lot of effort and hard work into the cookbook so far, but they are hoping for more recipes, especially focusing on appetizers, desserts, drinks, salads, pickles and preserves. If you could send me one or several under those categories it would be greatly appreciated. Include your name as it will be published with the recipe. Thank you so much in advance for your help. My e-mail is listed at the top of my blog and if you have any questions please don't be shy.
Thank you again so much!



4 comments:
I have some good appetizers at home that I can send to you. I'm currently out of town until next week but when I get home I'll try to e-mail them! I hope you guys are very successful with it!!!
Looks like a fun day. Good luck with the cook book!
looks so fun!!! Good luck with the cookbook...thats so fun!
I'm not sure if you're still collecting recipes or not. If you are, you should check out my aunt's blog (http://dianawilkersonbryan.blogspot.com/). She was diagnosed with cancer, went through all the treatments and her cancer came back, worse this time. She was told by doctors her cancer would keep returning until it eventually took her life. Anyway, long story short, she found a special diet and it has done wonders for her and many others; helping to shrink their cancer naturally. She posts recipes all the time on her site that supposed help fight cancer. She may have something to include in your book. I hope it's a huge success!
Post a Comment