August 27, 2010

Ouch

Just a quick update - I am 3 for 3 days of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred!  Yay!

The first night wasn't terrible, although she definitely gave me a run for my money.  Yesterday I actually didn't feel all that terrible, don't get me wrong, I was stiff, but it wasn't unbearable.

Until last night when I snuggled up in Cole's toddler firetruck bed with him.  I had full intentions of getting up after a quick cuddle and doing a list full of stuff, however, apparently I fell asleep.  Ryan came and woke me up and when I went to walk downstairs to work out I thought I might die.  I toughed it out and made it through and once I got into it I felt great.

Today is another story, my muscles are aching!  Cole came to hug me and I almost vomited because he pushed on my thigh.   I almost decided to let me body rest and not work out but then I thought, heck...it's only 30 minutes.  So off I went.  Now I feel great but I am dreading tomorrow morning.

All in all, it's going well and it feels great.  I have a calendar going and a lady I work with gives me a sticker if I workout (I feel like a 2 year old potty training - but hey, whatever works!), it's really nice to have people who care and only want you to succeed.  I just want to say thank you to all of you who sent me lovely e-mails and left me such motivating comments the other day, I really appreciate it.

Tomorrow we have a wedding to go to and it should be an absolute blast.  The bachelorette party for this bride was last weekend and it was INSANE.  From a house party with a stripper (yes a stripper - it was TERRIBLE but hilarious) to a limo-bus tour to two different bars.  It was soooo much fun!  30 women on a limo bus dancing and singing away, champagne was flying (along with bags full of jello shooters - mmmm)...what a blast.  So tomorrow should definitely be a good party and I can't wait to celebrate with T&J as they become man and wife, they are such a fantastic couple and such great people.  I am debating between two different dresses and I am equally torn, oh well, I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Off to do more stretching before bed so I can dance my ass off tomorrow!

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

5 comments:

erica said...

Good for you spending time with Jillian. I am onto working out with Bob now, because Jillians voice makes me crazy! Sorry I didnt email you back right away, your email went to spam and I just checked it so off to email you back !


xo

Helene said...

OMG, that's EXACTLY what happened to me too when I started the Shred. The first day, I was all bad-ass, thinking it wasn't so bad. Then by the 3rd day I could barely move.

Good for you on sticking with it!!!

Mom and Dem said...

I need to be doing this - I love, love, love Jillian. Literally. I looked into going on her fitness cruise. Can't wait to hear all about the whole 30 days!!!

Unknown said...

Ok, I am so sorry to laugh, but that is EXACTLY how it hit me. One day I'm thinking, "This isn't so bad!" And the next I can't even sit on the toilet! Ha! Hang in there!

Unknown said...

aaaahh good luck with your workouts!!!