
I am a wayyyy behind in linking up to Molly and Aly's 12 Day of Christmas Blog Challenge for days 3 to 9, but I don't think they will mind terribly. I originally started this post a week of go and have tried to finish it numerous days since, alas, today is the day!
First off - Happy belated Thanksgiving to all of my American friends, I hope that you had a wonderful day filled with family, love and happiness.
So Day 3 of the 12 Day of Christmas Blog Challenge is the most meaningful gift/best gift you've received. When I started thinking about this all that came to mind was material objects, but nothing stood out as the best present received. The most meaningful gift that I have ever received is my amazing family that continues to grow more and more. I come from a family of 4 children and this means that there is NEVER a dull moment at family gatherings, there is always someone around when you need them and there is more love and support than one can imagine. Not only am I blessed with two loving parents, 3 siblings plus spouses and children, I have married in to a family who have shown me nothing but love since day one. I guess what I'm getting at is that my most meaningful gift is our family and their continuous love.
Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a Budget Friendly Holiday Season
-Start your shopping early to avoid spending everything you have in December and to help ease last minute stress
-Make a list and stick to it. If anyone else is like me, I find it so easy to over buy and end up with too much for one person and not enough
-Keep your eyes open for deals early on in the season and watch the flyers/listen for radio ads
Day 5: Favorite Holiday Movie/TV Show Special
Plain.and.simple.
Day 6: Gift ideas (what do YOU want? We all have family/friends reading our blogs...so let them know!)
That is it...is it too much to ask for?
Day 7: Holiday Craft/DIY (If you don't make anything, what do you WISH you could make?)
Unfortunately I am not crafty at all, AT ALL, so I am hoping to mimic (read copy) Aly's decorative jars - adorable!!!!
Day 8: Least Favorite Thing About The Holidays
I dislike the clean up and undecorating, my house feels so empty when all of the decorations are down. I also dislike the weight gain, although this year I think that will be inevitable. ;)
Day 9: Favorite Holiday Recipe
Baked Squash Casserole
3 cups chopped butternut squash
1 onion, chopped
2/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
15 Ritz crackers, crushed
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp. mayo
Heat oven to 350°F.
Cook squash in boiling water in covered saucepan 15 min. or until tender.
Rinse under cold water; drain.
Mix squash and remaining ingredients; spoon into 8-inch square baking dish.
Bake 1 hour or until heated through.
I can't get enough of this recipe, it is soooo yummy, of course I add extra cheese and mayo...mmm.
There you have it, hopefully tomorrow I will be back on track with the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Challenge.



1 comment:
Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm enjoying exploring your blog. I love baked squash, and I'll have to tag this! I'm looking forward to following along on your 12 days and beyond! -Christy
Post a Comment