September 20, 2011

Healthy Recipe Link Up - Turkey Chili Taco Soup


Pam from Our Love Nest is hosting a new link up party and it's for health recipes.  Most people are quite conscious about what they eat and I am definitely one of those people.  I am always looking for fun, new and healthy recipes to try, so you can bet that I'll be linking up every week.

I am in a fierce soup mood these days, partially to the Fall weather we are experiencing and due to it's ability to fill me up and keep the calories to a minimum.  Pam has read my mind with her amazing sounding recipe for Authentic Maryland Crab Soup.  I have already e-mailed this to my home address to try out very shortly and I know both of my boys will love it.

I haven't yet tried this recipe out, but I know it will not disappoint on our menu tonight.  Gina's recipes are ALWAYS amazing and skinny.

Without further adieu, here is what I'll be cooking tonight:


Turkey Chili Taco Soup
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 9
Size: 1-1/4 cups Old Points: 3 pts Points+: 5 ptsCalories: 198.8 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 29.7 g • Fiber: 7.0 g  Protein: 19.5 g
 
·         1.3 lbs 99% lean ground turkey
·         1 medium onion, chopped
·         1 bell pepper, chopped
·         10 oz can rotel tomatoes with green chilies
·         15 oz canned or frozen corn, drained
·         15 oz kidney beans, drained
·         8 oz tomato sauce
·         16 oz fat free refried beans
·         1 packet taco seasoning (you can use 40% less sodium)
·         2 1/2 cups fat free low sodium chicken broth
In a large pot, brown turkey on medium heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. When cooked through, add onions and pepper and cook 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, corn, beans, tomato sauce, refried beans, taco seasoning and chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer about 10-15 minutes.

Serve with a few baked tortilla chips and your favorite toppings such as low fat sour cream, jalapeños, reduced fat cheese, chopped scallions,  onions, or chopped fresh cilantro. Freeze leftovers in individual portions for future meals.

Head on over to Pam's and link up to share your healthy recipes.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Looks DELICIOUS!

Jill said...

It does look really really good, I'm still not too sure about ground turkey though. I WANT to like it, I really do...I might have to try this out and give it another chance ;)

Anonymous said...

This look AMAZINGLY delish!

Dancy said...

This sounds really good. I'm a huge fan of turkey chili - this would be great for a different way to try it. ;)

TheFitHousewife said...

Mmm..that looks good! I love warm soups in this weather too :)