I am in a good mood today (I like to think I am most days), not only is it sunny and spring like, it's Thursday. Almost the end of the week...which means I can finally spend some time with my sweet little guy.
Cole has been doing really, really well this week. We were getting quite concerned about the hitting phase he was going through for a while and after speaking with one of the ladies from the daycare we realized that we have to work with them and be consistent. Ryan and I use to watch Super Nanny when I was pregnant and we would laugh and gasp at all the bold little buggers running around. We would say over and over, 'Our child will never be like that, he won't hit or kick. He will be so polite and charming.'. Well, well, well...2 years later our wild child has emerged from his innocent and cute baby phase right into the I'm-going-to-hit-and-scream-and-kick-if-I-don't-get-my-way little boy phase - SOOOO MUCH FUN! Don't get me wrong, Cole is such a sweet, gorgeous, talkative, charming little guy who can melt your heart in a second. He uses please, thank you, no thank you and love you often. BUT...as soon as he gets mad, watch out. The ear piercing screams start, 'I DON'T WANT IT' and the fists are flying. We have no clue where the hitting comes from, we don't hit him and he doesn't watch violent shows or movies. When think it started when he would try to do something and get frustrated and then not being able to express himself with words he would end up having a fit. We obviously aren't experts, so I consulted (broke down in tears on morning dropping him off at daycare) one of the greatest daycare ladies ever and we decided to try being CONSISTENT with time outs. It seems to be working! Cole has had a fantastic week at daycare and at home! It's such an improvement and we can see a difference in his personality already. My only suggestion for anyone going through the same thing (thanks to so many others) is be consistent in whatever you are going to do and know that you are the boss.
Let's hope I didn't just jinx it...
I went and got weighed today and I was down another pound for a total of 27 pounds! Two more to go until my goal weight...soooo exciting!
March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment