April 12, 2010

Pendant Workshop

Last night Last week (so I'm a terribly slow blogger) one of my friends Katie and I took part in a pendant making workshop at Blackbird in Almonte.  The store is so cute and is full of adorable and unique gift ideas.  I forgot to bring my camera but if you check out the website you will see a few of the great items that Emily sells there.  I have never taken part in a workshop as I am not the least bit creative, nor do I have any artistic talent whatsoever, so I went there a little unsure of what my pendants might turn out like.  I didn't bring anything with me (pictures, material, ideas, etc.) but Emily and Colleen had the tables stocked with pieces of material, loads of scrapbooking paper and some really cute little cards to help us out (along with some delicious wine).  In total I made 3 necklaces and 2 fridge magnets and I had an absolute blast.  I took some pictures of my pendants when I got home, however, they didn't turn out so great, but here they are. 


From L to R:  Ladybug scrabble tile, gobble gobble pendant (who doesn't need a Thanksgiving necklace), my favorite Love tile.
Bottom:  Fridge magnets

A close up of the love pendant, although my camera doesn't show the colors at all.

This workshop was so much fun and I can not wait to do another one.  Emily and Colleen were fantastic hostesses and are so very talented (we even made cute little paper boxes!).  When you get a chance check out Emily's website and see all of the great items she has at the store.

Tonight Cole and I were playing and the poor boy smashed his head right on the corner of the coffee table.  I was sure it was his eye, but thankfully it was his forehead.  He has a huge bruise and kept saying 'take a picture of the bruise mama?' goodness my boy is cute and entertaining. 

On top of his bruised forehead he is sick with a cold and getting his two year old molars...my poor little guy.  I just love him so much...he is just soooo adorable and funny.


Here is a picture of Cole and his cousin D reading together this weekend, he loves his cousins so much.

No comments: