April 29, 2010

MIA

I have been totally MIA with blogging the past week due to all of the craziness going on in my life.  First off, work has been ridiculously insane, but definitely in a good way.  I love my job and with so much to do the days are just flying by, which can be a good thing, but in this case it might be a bad thing.  A bad thing because the days flying by means that our wedding is JUST around the corner.  Now don't get me wrong, I am extremely excited about our big day and all that is to come, but I don't think I am ready for it just yet.  Where did the last 4 months go?!?!  I remember back in January saying 'Okay, the holidays are over so now it's full-fledged wedding mode'.  And that it has been, but I still don't feel 100% prepared, but really will I ever?  I took last Friday off work to finalize some things for the wedding and drop off some cheques and thank you cards so that was a relief for me.  Rye was away fishing for the weekend so C and I just hung out at my parents for the weekend.  Friday night my girlfriend Sheri held a 'kitchen' shower for me and it was such an absolute blast.  What a crazy group of girls, especially the twins (see below).  They never cease to amaze me and they come out with some of the wildest things.  What a blast.


The company was great, the food delicious, the wine and tequila amazing, the games fun and the laughter non-stop.  I am so blessed to have such terrific friends.  Thanks so much Sheri and everyone for the great night and all of the fantastic kitchen stuff (I will not name the unmentionable that was in that gift!!).

Saturday morning off we were to another shower, this time at my mom's friend's VT's.  It was so great to see all of the ladies and the weather was so gorgeous we ended up sitting outside for the entire afternoon after the shower had ended.  I can't get over how sweet and generous all of these ladies are, we got a large amount in a gift card from Home Depot (yay paint for the house or wood for the retaining wall!) and I can't wait to put Ryan to work.  Now, let me talk about the food...OH.MY.GOODNESS. it was freaking scrumptious, every last bit of it.  Carol and V served brunch and wowzers, did I over do it.  I have a feeling I might have gained a pound or two this week, guess we'll find out at my weigh in this afternoon.  After the shower we decided that we had better do some wine tasting to decide on what kinds to get for the tables at the wedding.  Needless to say, it was a great evening! :)  Thank you to all of the fantastic ladies and to VT and Carol for the great day.

Sunday was a quiet day, we too Cole out to see the horses at the track with Dad and then I went for a jog/walk (I am terribly out of shape) and then we spent the rest of the day outside playing in the sandbox.  What a great weekend spent with family and friends.  Oh and yes, Ryan caught some fish and brought them home to clean them.  Cole spent a good 30 minutes at the sink with Ryan 'cleaning' the fish...I have pictures that I will share soon enough.

Monday night I went to meet Erin and Lisa for a pedicure after work, talk about Heavenly.  It felt so great and my feet are sandal worthy.  I ended up doing a little shopping after and bought quite a bit of stuff.  3 skirts, a pair of capris, 2 dresses, more MAC makeup and drum roll...WEDDING SHOES!  Wooohooo!  I needed them in a bigger size and they were out so they will be shipping them to me...actually JUST received them 2 minutes ago and I love them.  So plain but so comfortable.  I got them in white but have just decided to order them in black too!  Haha...yay!  Another thing off the list.



Now just to finalize a few more things and organize the catering staff and we are all ready...until I realize the other 100 things I have left to do...seating chart, table numbers, making appointments for pedicures/manicures, the rehearsal...need I go on?

1 comment:

Molly said...

Cute shoes!! I didn't have a kitchen shower, but that sounds like fun! Hope you got some good stuff! Don't stress about the wedding. You'll be shocked at how it all comes together!