November 4, 2010

Shitty & Pissy

When Cole and I got home tonight Ryan pulled in the driveway behind us from taking Bailey to the vet.  I was really concerned about Bailey and was happy to hear that he's expected to be fine but that he has a bladder infection which has spread to his kidneys.  He has to eat special wet food (which he won't eat), we are to give him a little pill (should be fun) and the best part of it all, he got his ass shaved and now we (I'm coming back to this 'we' issue in a moment) have to put cream on his tender tush.  Ryan is telling me this and I am still feeling terrible for Bailey until I realize that WE don't have to do all of this, nope, I have to do this.  Ryan is leaving to go hunting for a week and it's up to me...or Cole, although my almost 3 year old darling spawn has already come to the conclusion that 'Bailey's bum is dirrrrrty Mommy!'.

Not only have I had this thought in my mind all evening, I have had this lovely scent in my nose.  The little __________ (fill in the blank) peed on our couch earlier in the week and the smell is not coming out no matter what Ryan does to it.  He bought a steam cleaner and that didn't work, he tried some vinegar concoction and that didn't work and tonight he went and bought some odor out nonsense and of course that hasn't worked.  The cats (oh yes we have 2 of these little angels) are corralled down in the basement and I let me tell you, that is where they will be staying for the next week.  They are not outdoor cats so that won't be a problem, but I have no clue how I will clean up after pissy-pants (if this continues) while rushing home after work, making supper, bath, laundry, cleaning and prepping everything for the next day and finding time to get my exhausted self to bed. 

Just an FYI:  pregnancy = heightened senses (especially smell), therefore, cat pee stench + pregnancy = vomit on my husbands head tonight...possibly. 

Not impressed. (obviously)

That's my rant for now.

5 comments:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Put the pill in peanut butter. Works every time =-)

Amanda said...

lock the cat in the bathroom while you're at work!

Connie said...

I can't stand the smell of animal pee!! I can never get it out of my nose!

Good Luck!

Dancy said...

There is NO smell on the planet worse than Cat pee. You can try every cleaning solution on earth but you have to get an enzyme eating cleaner- go to the pet store & ask for it.

And I'm totally a fan of locking them up for a while. I make sure the cat's enclosed in the kitchen (easy cleaning floor) whenever we're not home. People crate dogs all the time, there's nothing wrong with doing it for cats too.

GirlSunday said...

augh.... so sorry. I wish I had some suggestions, but I had to kick my cats out of the house due to allergies by both The Husband and Pixie.