November 4, 2010

Pre-Op

We went for Cole's pre-op on Tuesday and all is good and ready to go.  Not sure if I mentioned it before or not, but Cole has a hydrocele testis and will be having an operation on November 15th.  According to his surgeon this is quite common as they do around 15 procedures weekly.  I will be happy when this is all over and done with and when Cole is running and jumping around again.  He's is having absolutely no pain right now with this issue and it won't cause any damage at the moment but if left it could down the road.  I know there is nothing to worry about but the scary part is having to leave him to be put under anaesthetics and just sit and wait.  Thankfully he likes doctors and isn't scared of them yet so getting him there is not the problem.  However, the mask for the sedation might be an issue.  Now we wait until the 15th, Cole none the wiser and me full of worry.

This week has for sure been eventful!  Bailey (one of our cats) isn't feeling well and has peed several times outside of his litter box.  It's almost as if he isn't making it there on time and has very little control over it.  Ryan noticed that there was blood in his urine as well.  They are at the vet right now, hopefully figuring out what is wrong with him.  I am by no means a lover of these cats, they were Ryan's when we started dating and while they are part of our family, I am not their biggest fan.  They both shed like mad and the meow at all hours of the night right outside our bedroom door.  That being said, I would never want either one of them to be sick or in any sort of pain.  Here's hoping all goes well as Cole absolutely adores them both.

I won a fantastic give away over at Amanda's Blog, if you haven't been over to check her out you definitely need to.  She is a fashionable and sweet mom of two boys who are ADORABLE!  Thanks Amanda.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Aww what a week you've had! Big prayers and virtual hugs coming your way!

Dancy said...

Unfortunately I've visted many children of friends in a hospital, or brought treats & prezzies around to the house post-op. Just remember it's harder on you than it is on him, and likely he's so young he'll barely remember it.

You sound exactly like D re: my cat. He wouldn't wish it hard but he's dying to get rid of it. I can't lie - I'm really getting sick of the litter box and all the cat hair myself.

Stacy said...

I am sure you'll do fine when Cole is under = however, I would be a pack of nerves as well...lucky for you that Cole likes doctors, maddy is petrified and I don't know why, she has only had one emergency ever and it was a seizure she had when she ran a high fever (and boy, let me tell ya, I thought I was going to have to be wheeled in right after that incident) anyways...best of luck - will be thinking of you all on november 15th!
Congrats on the prize, I just checked that blog and I will be following it - looks neat!

GirlSunday said...

I can't imagine. I'll be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.