March 27, 2011

Play List

Alright ladies, I have a favor to ask of you.  As mentioned previously, I am in the midst of learning to run and while I am still really enjoying it, I need your help.  I have been trying to update my iPod with songs that might help keep me motivated.  That being said, what songs/artists/music helps keep you going when you are working out?

7 comments:

Dancy said...

You prolly already have it but (when I er, actually did anything physical like way back before my wedding? LOL) - I used to love using the last Black Eyed Peas album. It has a really strong base beat that helped me keep a pace.

I also usually started out with Linkin Park's "Bleed It Out" - it's a very hard rock song, but like the BEP album it has a great beat to keep a steady pace & it got me pumped. It's little bits of lyrics that give you that push - "Here we go for the hundredth time... Say your prayers and stomp it out"... BEP's "Rock That Body" really helped when I felt like I was about to give up too - it keeps pushing you. Also, ironically, I found that using really annoying music to make myself keep moving helped - like, 'yeah this sucks but you're not allowed to stop till this is over'. And it felt *awesome* when it was over. Hah!

Miss Chelsea said...

I love working out to rap hah... Kanye, JayZ, all that good stuff =)

Anonymous said...

Download the new Britney album, Femme Fatale. It's so good!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

The entire new Britney Spears album. The beats are actually pretty great.

Raven said...

Britney Spears!!! haha but seriously, she is awesome (her OLD stuff) and try some B.o.B. They are pretty good for getting pumped up :)

Meghan said...

I am a huge fan of Lady Gaga and the Glee soundtrack - you'd be surprised how motivating Glee can be:)

JMay said...

I'm so with you, I always need to switch up my tunes on the Ipod for a run. Here are some I enjoy running (and dancing) too :-)

http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/2011/01/roadtrip.html