May 12, 2011

What I'm Reading

Lately I can't get enough reading done. I have always enjoyed reading and one of the things on my 101 in 1001 list (which I still haven't posted!) is to read 20 new books and I am well on my way.


Yesterday I spent my whole lunch hour sitting outside in the sun reading this book I borrowed from the library the night before:The book itself is okay. It's an easy read, but really isn't overly exciting. I have read a few lately that I am absolutely loving including The Lakeshore Chronicles by Susan Wiggs. I am only halfway through this series but Susan's writing is so captivating and I love this series.

Another book that I really thought was cute (and again an easy read) was The Cinderella Pact by Sarah Stohmeyer. I'm excited to check out some of her other books soon.

What have you been reading? Any good reading suggestions?

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I am reading Carrie Diaries too...and its going pretty fast, for me who takes a bit to get into books.

have you read Emily Giffin? The first book is Something Borrowed - HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT - going to see the movie this weekend actually!

I also read the Susan Wiggs series - not in any particular order though i don;t think

Jessica said...

Ooh! I'll have to pick up Carrie Diaries!

Jill said...

I have the Carrie Diaries to read for the book club I'm in, but haven't started it yet!

Right now I'm into an old-school romance (one my mom probably read 25 years ago) - a good ol' Lavyrle Spencer...I need one of them from time to time! haha!

UpperBottom said...

hi, first time visitor here. first of all, do you have a Nook? because i highly recommend one. i wrote a review of it on my blog about a month ago, if you're interested.

second of all, this is lame and not at all original, but have you read water for elephants yet? because it's awesome. then go see the movie and your heart will be full of joy for an indefinate period (i'm still high from it).

but yeah, i don't have any unique book suggestions bc i read all the bestsellers.

nice meeting you!
cheers,
rachel

Lindsey S said...

I bought this book on sale a few months ago and haven't read it yet. A little bummed it's not that interesting :(

Lena B, Actually said...

I've been reading a ton lately too!
Water For Elephants was really good, I just finished Annabel (!!!), The Birth House was great if you haven't read it already. Um, Lullabies for Little Criminals is a fave...
If I think of anymore, I'll let you know.
I could loan you some of the ones I mentioned if you're interested. Let me know!
:)