I'm 28 years old young and I am having some skin issues. Growing up breakouts were few and far between. Don't get me wrong, I definitely had pimples on picture day or when there would be a dance, but for the most part my skin was pretty good.
Besides being sick as a dog when I was pregnant with Cole, the only other negative part of pregnancy was the acne. My face and back were covered and it was beyond frustrating, but I assumed it wouldn't last.
The morning sickness passed, I've shed majority of the weight and I've come to terms with the fact that my hips will never go back to 'normal', but the acne is lingering. While it's not horrible, it's frequent and always in the same spot...my chin.
I eat fairly healthy and drink a lot of water (3-4 litres a day).
I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub and Clean & Clear Foaming Cleanser (I know...lame)


Since the interwebz is sooooooooo amazing and chalked full of smart ladies like yourselves, I am turning to you for advice.
Do you have any face products that you would recommend? I'm talking morning to night...cleansers, scrubs, lotions, etc. Anything that will help with the breakouts, blackheads (ewwww, I know) and my aging skin.
Wow...I feel old and pathetic.
Advice needed and while you are at it, please send help.

13 comments:
Ugh, I feel your pain. I wish I had a great answer for you. I always seem to have a few breakouts and its so obnoxious. The only thing that has worked for me is gentle cleansers like Cetaphil and moisturizing everyday and making sure I wash my face everyday! But I can't wait to hear other people's suggestions, cause my skin is kinda whack right now.
PROACTIVE!!!! Changed my skin!!! http://smalltowngirl-lindsay.blogspot.com/2011/05/confession-and-my-favorite-beauty.html
I've been wanting to post something about this too...
I've always had problem skin... it comes and goes... but the last few months have been horrible! I guess it's age and it must be my hormones... but I'm seriously thinking of trying ProActive. Nothing I pick up at the pharmacy is doing any good anymore! SUCKS!!
I use Spectro Jel - facewash and moisturizer - dermatologist recommended! And I've been very happy with the results. The odd blemish now and then, but overall, I don't have any major issues with my face. (Plus, it's made by a company of which my uncle happens to be President & CEO...so this plug is for him! ha!)
I love Trader Joe's tea tree oil face wash and Burt's Bees deep cleanser when my face breaks out. Avon also makes a good spot treatment. Good luck!
I use Aveeno Skin Brightening face wash and the face moisturizer that goes with it. It has little scrubbers in it that aren't too abrasive on your face and has a sweet scent. I LOVE this stuff but I do love the ProActive too!
I've had breakouts since I got preggo...no fun! I use clean and clear...it works better than any clinique or arbonne that I tried!
tell me about it! Isn't acne supposed to go away when we grow up? Geesh!!
I LIVE by that apricot scrub. I think every girl in the world uses that, it is such a cult product.
Let's see, you know something that totally helped my skin? I bought the neutrogena kit at the grocery store, its kind of the same as proactive, but you can buy it at the store and it worked WONDERS for my face. I also swear by ROC retinol correxion deep wrinkle night cream and Loreal Skin genesis deep action night complex, both of which you can get at the store.
my daily face lotion is olay, which I have been using forever and LOVE.
hope this helped!
I had been using the Mary kay 3 in 1 cleanser and following up with the moisturizer but ran out. I have had such horrible skin lately but also my hormones have been seriously messed up.
I'm so with you - I had great skin all through my teen years and then I hit 30 & WHAM! Revenge of the Nerds. I've heard about the preggy pimples too & I'm not looking forward to that. Not sure if they have it in Canada, but I use Cetaphil when my face decides to explode & it really works for me. Good luck! Let us know what helps & what doesn't.
Hi! I found your blog through Gina's at Namaste by Day. I recently switched all my face products over and have had pretty amazing results, so I thought I would share. I have been using Dr. Bronner's organic castile soap diluted with water as my face wash (and body wash) and then Purple Prairie Frankincense & Myrrh Face Cream and Orange Teatree Toner. I have had terrible skin issues since being pregnant myself, and until I started this new regimin, I haven't had much luck with anything else. Good luck to you!
St. Ives apricot scrub has been a staple of mine for years! It leaves my skin so soft!
I just found your blog and I am so glad I did! I have been having issues with skin lately too (and I *just* turned 29) I have been using the Nars line and it's been great for a while but am thinking about proactive for a little more umph!
Post a Comment