July 20, 2011

The Things He Says...

Last night at supper we had little potatoes.  Cole fought tooth and nail about not wanting to eat them and I finally convinced him to try one.  He popped it in his mouth and after chewing and swallowing it, I heard something that just about made me choke on my own food.

At the table, in front of myself and my in laws, Cole said...

"Oh Jesus that's hot."

I wasn't sure how to respond, thankfully my father-in-law said "oh no buddy, we say gee-whiz that's hot".

Cole said gee-whiz once and then decided he liked Oh Jesus better.

I tried "my goodness that's hot", again, no luck.

Thankfully his mind wandered on to something else shortly after.  My mother-in-law and I started wondering where he could have picked that up.  I say a lot of things that shouldn't be repeated by my 3 year old, but that isn't one of those things. 

Ryan came home from work shortly after and put our wonder at ease...apparently he has been known to say this...lovely.

FYI, the potatoes weren't hot in the least.

Please don't comment on how taking the Lord's name in vain is terrible, this is not a common occurrence in our house.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

I love the way kids come up with things at the correct times. Atleast, he isn't dropping the F- bomb around...

Lena B, Actually said...

Kids pick up things EVERYWHERE... they don't even know what they're saying half the time, although isn't it weird that they seem to say them in the right 'context.' Cole's a cutie!

Stacy said...

On a different note - the potato issue - does Cole not like eating potatoes? I have to dress maddy's potatoes up and she eats them all up. I sprinkle cheese on them...or I give her ranch dresing on the side and she dips! Might give it a try!

M.O.T.B said...

Well at least he eats! :)

Jennifer said...

Hahahaha...I can just imagine the things he's gonna say, with parents like you two and an "auntie" like Erin!

Gina said...

We have the opposite problem. Anytime ANYONE says, "Oh my God," L says loudly, "THAT'S A BAD WORD!!!!"

meeganjae said...

Where has he learned that? What does your mother say all the time? Jesus Ashley!