Dear Cole,
You are growing so much each and every day that I feel the need to stop time and hold you tight, for soon enough you will not let me hug and kiss you or hold your hand. Soon enough I will hear 'Mom, I'm fine, I can do it on my own', and while that will bring so much joy to my heart, it will also bring the sad realization that you are growing up.
I am so blessed for having you in my life. The day I found out I was pregnant with you was the day life grew beyond my highest expectations. For 9 months you grew and developed in my body, we formed a bond so special and personal that no one will ever understand just how deep my love is for you. You are the light of my life. From your kind smile to your wildest moments I see so much of myself in you and for that I thank you. You make me realize that the dirty dishes will be there later, that even rainy days can be fun, that it doesn't matter if your socks don't match and that most importantly that your love is unconditional. I don't have to bring my A game for you to love me, you just do. I can say something wrong and you will giggle or look at me somewhat confused but never lecture me or judge me. I can stub my toe and curse and you will think it's funny. I can have the worst day in the world and you will make me forget all about it and show me that life is terrific.
You have made both your Dad and I, along with so many others so happy and you continue to do that daily. You have taught me a love and devotion that I never knew existed and I couldn't be a prouder mommy. I know you will do something so great in this world and I can't wait to be there for you, cheering you on. Just know that I am your biggest fan, now and forever.
Love Mommy xo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Aww, brought tears to my eyes. Cole is an awesome kiddo, but his mom is pretty great too. What a wonderful idea, to write him a little note. Print it out and put it in his baby book or scrap book.
See you tonight,
Love, Meegan
So heartfelt and true! Oh wonderful they are!
Oh darn it, now you have me all teary-eyed and emotional. This is such a sweet post, one I hope you'll save for him to read when he's older. He'll appreciate it so much.
Kids do have a wonderful way of reminding us what true love really is.
Ummm...I don't have kids, but thanks for making my makeup run this morning at work. Reeeeeal professional :)
Post a Comment