June 16, 2011

Weekend Rap-Up



Yes, I'm aware it's already Thursday night and that I am only now posting about last weekend, but what can I say?  It's been a busy week!  Last weekend we played in the first annual D.I.F.D. softball tournament and what a blast it was.  Even though our team lost both games, we had such a great time and supported a great cause.

Back in November Jill posted such a touching post about Daron's extremely tragic death and how her family and the community stood up to help raise awareness to mental health in youth.

The ball tournament was only part of last weekend's festivities as the girls who put on the event (Hailey, Kegan and Bria) thought of EVERYTHING.  From organizing the teams (all 20 of them), creating a schedule, getting people to call the games and score keep, to a silent auction, food, bar, music and the NHL finals, everything was covered.  These three girls did an outstanding job and the pictures below show just some of the fun had.  From what I understand, a good amount of money was raised to help the D.I.F.D Youth Mental Health Initiative set-up at the Royal Ottawa Hospital.

Oh right...the pictures...as promised Jen and Sheri... :)


 Hi Jen!!! :)


{all photos from Sheri - thanks love}

Once again, I just want to say what an outstanding job Hailey, Kegan and Bria did.  So proud of you all and so happy to be a part of something so great.  Looking forward to next year.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Great post Ash! It was an absolute blast!!! Love it when all the girls get together. (Finally! I've been checking in daily - waiting for it all week...hahaha!!!) Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Jill said...

Congrats to Kegan, Hailey & Bria for organizing the event. I think this cause is so important. I ended up not being able to attend, but hopefully it will be an annual tournament and I'll be there to support it! Glad you guys had a great time!!